Enrichment StudIES, Vol 1: Luke and Acts
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works…”
Hebrews 10:24Hebrews 10:24
English: World English Bible - WEB
24 Let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good works,
WP-Bible plugina (ESV)
Thanks to all who encouraged me to put this together! I really enjoy curriculum development, and after helping put together a women’s Bible study for Genesis, I had hoped to continue on with the rest of the Pentateuch. But then I had another baby. So during this life stage, I will be content with trying out these Enrichment Studies. There aren’t any study questions, as this is mainly a self-study, where you get to do all the work and learn how to study Scripture on your own!
In this first volume, we will read and study the gospel narratives of Luke and Acts over a course of 11 weeks. My desire is that this book can be used to enrich our lives with Truth, goodness, and beauty. God’s Word is active and living. My prayer is that this book will help us, as Christian women, to practically develop skills, the passion to study the Bible on their own, and hide it in our hearts.
For goodness and beauty, we will take a few minutes each day to feast upon great literature that causes us to reflect on things that are good and beautiful works of art and music that stir us to praise Him. Since this is a self-study so you can put in as much time as you are able. It is designed to be concise and efficient, but if time allows you are welcome to meditate and reflect on all that we are studying.
Each week along with the Scripture reading from Luke or Acts there will also be memory work, copywork, readings from literature and church history, a hymn study, an art study, and an ongoing composer study. Throughout the study we will also be working on maps, timelines, a Commonplace Book, and developing the habit of “one-anothering”.
The Enrichment Studies: Vol 1, Luke & Acts is currently available as a PDF which you can download for free. I want this study to be available to everyone so there is no charge, but if you feel would like to send a contribution, you can do so via PayPal or by clicking the button below.
Thank you so much for all your support! If you have gone through this study I would love to hear any feedback you may have. Please send me an e-mail or comment below!
Materials you will need:
- Notebook or Journal
- Pen or Pencil
- A Gospel Primer for Christians: Learning to See the Glories of God’s Love by Milton Vincent (Amazon | Kindle | Free PDF)
- The Pilgrim’s Progress: From This World to That Which Is to Come, Delivered Under the Similitude of a Dream by Paul Bunyan (Amazon | Kindle | Free PDF)
- Trial and Triumph: Stories from Church History by Richard M. Hannula (Amazon | Kindle | Free PDF)
- Handel’s Messiah (some options below)
- Access to Internet – to search for artwork, or to listen to Handel’s Messiah
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds by Jen Wilkin
(Amazon | Kindle)
Thank you again for encouragement and support in putting this together!
- The Words and Works of Jesus Christ: A Study of the Life of Christ by J. Dwight Pentecost (Amazon | Kindle)
- “Read Scripture: Luke Ch. 1-9” by The Bible Project (YouTube)
- “Read Scripture: Luke Ch. 10-24” by The Bible Project (YouTube)
- “Read Scripture: Acts Ch. 1-12” by The Bible Project (YouTube)
- “Read Scripture: Acts Ch. 13-28” by The Bible Project (YouTube)
- Truth and Grace Memory Book, Book 1 by Tom Ascol (Amazon)
George Frederic Handel
- Handel at the Court of Kings by Opal Wheeler (Amazon)
- “Hallelujah Handel” by Classical Kids (Amazon | iTunes)
- Alive in Him: How Being Embraced by the Love of Christ Changes Everything by Gloria Furman (Amazon | Kindle)
- Being There: How to Love Those Who Are Hurting by Dave Furman (Amazon | Kindle)
- By This Name by John Cross (Amazon | Kindle)
- The Green Letters: Principles of Spiritual Growth by Miles J. Stanford (Amazon)
- Messy Beautiful Friendship: Finding and Nurturing Deep and Lasting Relationships by Christine Hoover (Amazon | Kindle)
- Missional Motherhood: The Everyday Ministry of Motherhood in the Grand Plan of God by Gloria Furman (Amazon | Kindle)
- None Like Him: 10 Ways God Is Different from Us (and Why That’s a Good Thing by Jen Wilkin (Amazon | Kindle)
- One-to-One Bible Reading by David Helm (Amazon | Kindle)
- Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie (Amazon | Kindle)
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full: Gospel Meditations for Busy Moms by Gloria Furman (Amazon | Kindle)
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds by Jen Wilkin (Amazon | Kindle)
(Lauren Ducommun is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.)